Steve was born and raised in Northern Iowa. He spent four years at Iowa State University in Ames and graduated in 1975. Following this Steve attended law school for three years at Creighton University in Omaha Nebraska. In 1978 Steve began his legal career in Burlington, Iowa. Since 1982 Steve's practice has consisted primarily of civil litigation, including the areas of complex motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, products liability, and workers compensation cases. Steve has served as lead and co-counsel all of the United States and has litigated cases against some of the largest motor vehicle manufacturers in the world.
Steve is licensed in Iowa and has practiced with attorneys all of the United States. He is also licensed in the United States District Court for both the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa.
Steve is married to Terri Crowley and together they have two dogs to keep them busy. Steve is also an avid pilot and would rather be in the air than on the ground.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Attorneys Information Exchange Group A National Association of Trial Attorneys
- Past President-Iowa Trial Lawyers Association (Iowa Association for Justice)
- Past Member of Iowa Workers’ Compensation Association
- Former President of the Iowa Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of the American Association for Justice